SPCT is leading a system wide team across Salford in the largest NHS vaccination programme in history. SPCT along with colleagues across Primary Care in Salford, and from the Salford CCG and Salford City Council teams are working together to deliver COVID-19 vaccinations to the people of Salford.
The roll-out of the COVID-19 vaccine commenced in December 2020, and has grown as increasing numbers of people have been called forward for their vaccinations across the City.
Those currently elgible for a Covid 19 vaccine are:
- live with someone who is more likely to get infections (such as someone who has HIV, has had a transplant or is having certain treatments for cancer, lupus or rheumatoid arthritis)
- have a condition that means they're at high risk from COVID-19
Conditions that mean your child may be at high risk and can get vaccinated are:
- Down's syndrome
- a severe problem with the brain or nerves, such as cerebral palsy
- severe or multiple learning disabilities (or they're on the learning disability register)
- a condition that means they're more likely to get infections (such as some genetic conditions or types of cancer)
If your child is eligible for vaccination, you'll be contacted by a local NHS service to arrange their appointments.
If you are in any of the criteria above, you are now eligible for the first dose of your COVID-19 vaccine. Please visit www.salford.nhsvaccinations.co.uk or call 0800 953 0116 to book an appointment. Please do not contact your GP.
For details of our walk in clinics, second doses and other frequently asked questions please go to:
Extended Primary Integrated Care 24 – EPiC 24
EPiC 24 was formed with the vision that our patients should expect high quality healthcare, which ensures that patients are able access the care they need, in the most appropriate setting and are seen by the most appropriate clinicians.
We believe that EPiC 24 is one of the first truly integrated models of care which has aligns urgent and unscheduled care services via our clinical hub to ensure that the people of Salford benefit directly. The services currently offered by EPiC 24 include:
• Urgent and Unscheduled care – ‘GP Out of Hours’
• COVID Assessment Service –including Home Assessment Service / Phlebotomy
• Urgent and Emergency Care by Demand / NHS 111 First
• Operating as a Locality Clinical Assessment service
• Extended Access clinics
All activity is managed via our digital clinical hubs which allow all team members to connect with each other across the services. Our clinical hub has allowed us to very flexible and agile with our workforce and service delivery teams.
We aim ensure that primary care integrates with urgent care services, to ensure that we minimise duplication, and develop bespoke local services which best meet the needs of our patients.
Clinical governance, safe guarding and maintaining high standards of care are key priorities.
We are proud that even during our short history we have delivered outstanding results across various services, all made possible due to the support of our stakeholders, the primary care networks, and other partners. Even during the most challenging and difficult times; EPiC 24 has very successfully started to achieve its vision and purpose. Patient involvement and feedback is of paramount importance to us and we are pleased this too has been very positive, however, this makes more determined than ever, to continue to deliver highest quality care to the people of Salford.
- Key Roles
- Operations Manager EPiC 24
- Clinical Lead EPiC 24
- Service Co-coordinators EPiC 24
- Rota Co-ordinators EPiC24
We are proud to serve 20,000 patients across Eccles, Little Hulton, Charlestown and Lower Kersal via the three practices of:
• Salford Primary Care Together (Eccles) - CQC overall rating - Outstanding
• Salford Primary Care Together (Little Hulton) - CQC overall rating - Good
• Salford Primary Care Together (Willow Tree) - CQC overall rating - Good
We also run the Homeless Service - CQC overall rating - Good
For further details about opening times, locations, how to make an appointment at the GP practices and more, click here